Boredom. . . A Favor

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Boredom. . . A Favor

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:04 am

Do you ever find yourself bored at the keyboard? If so, stand up and walk away. Go outside. Play with the kids. Clean up the dishes in the sink.
Wax your nice red KYB shocks.

You can see bored posts cropping up here. Some bored people get antagonistic for a little bored sport. Other bored people then feed the bored antagonist. If you are bored, get away from the keyboard.

When you are refreshed, come on back and participate in actual discussions, debates, share your knowledge and experience.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:12 am

My kids are grown and disowned anyway.
The maid does the dishes.
Do you really think I'd go with anything less than Koni shocks?

(Ahem, you were talking about me, right? :thebirdman: )

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:34 am

I once fed a raccoon a slice of buttered bread. Instead of taking the bread, it delicately bit my finger, but not enough so where the skin was broken. I often wonder how differently my life would have turned out if the creature HAD drawn blood...

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:54 pm

hambone wrote:I once fed a raccoon a slice of buttered bread. Instead of taking the bread, it delicately bit my finger, but not enough so where the skin was broken. I often wonder how differently my life would have turned out if the creature HAD drawn blood...
So you came back refreshed, I see. :bom:

I once trapped a mouse at the age of six. The little bastard fastened on to me like a pitbull mouse. I was waving my hand trying to throw off my equally determined foe trying to keep hanging on. It drew blood alright.
And my life sure did turn out different :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:14 am

Was it a radioactive mouse? Just like Peter Parker. You should start wearing a cape you know.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 am

One time I was hauled out of the cornfields of Indiana by Deer Creek Ampitheater Security for trying to sneak into a show. Ten minutes earlier, a farmer sitting on top of his silo fired his shot gun into the air and yelled at us, "Get the F out of here, you pieces of S!!! Don't run... WALK!!! [BOOOoom!]"

Punchline:
We were trying to sneak into a show featuring Ratt and Great White.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:42 pm

Velokid1 wrote: Punchline: We were trying to sneak into a show featuring Ratt and Great White.
why?[/b]
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:50 pm

Precisely, grasshopper. Asking the right question can sometimes be the answer itself.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:29 pm

Velokid1 wrote: Punchline: We were trying to sneak into a show featuring Ratt and Great White.
Good thing you missed it. Otherwise you'd be smelling burnt hair for weeks...

:geek:

(I met Great White at a roller rink in Garden Grove, CA, before they were hot. Good bunch of guys. I still have an autographed poster somewhere...)

As for bored posts, most of mine are because I'm at work trying to find an excuse to not work.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:40 pm

.. apparently, the folks who go into attack-mode online when they're bored have never discovered that teh intarweb is full of nudie pictures.

Not that pr0n is the only timewaster available on the internet when you're bored -- there's also fark.com, somethingawful.com, bunches of games...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Duroc..you just reminded me of something....was Great White the band that caused that night club fire in RI? Jeesh...that was UGLY!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:44 pm

spiffy wrote:Duroc..you just reminded me of something....was Great White the band that caused that night club fire in RI? Jeesh...that was UGLY!
Yes it was them. Tragic to say the least.
:king:

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:47 pm

spiffy wrote:Duroc..you just reminded me of something....was Great White the band that caused that night club fire in RI? Jeesh...that was UGLY!
Yeah, that was the point of my rather poor joke.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:53 pm

DurocShark wrote:
:drunken:
Sorry Duroc, I was slow to get the joke....I had a picture of the big hair bands lead singer going up like Michael Jackson. 8-[
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm

spiffy wrote:
DurocShark wrote:
:drunken:
Sorry Duroc, I was slow to get the joke....I had a picture of the big hair bands lead singer going up like Michael Jackson. 8-[
TITO! TITO!
Keep it acoustic.