Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Ain't doing no cell phone.
Ain't calling "can you get my spare clutch cable?"
("what's a clutch cable?. . . where are you now anyway?")

I'd rather steal a heater cable clamp from under the car and patch my old one to see if I can get to civilization using my wits. Hmmmm, I wonder if a heater cable clamp could handle a full clutch cable pull?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:59 pm

Maybe not but a couple of hardware store cable clamps will, easily.

Bill

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:05 am

vdubyah73 wrote:Maybe not but a couple of hardware store cable clamps will, easily.

Bill
Hey Bill,
If I am on Arizona 89 north of Prescott, I may not have those cable clamps. If I then make it to the hardware store with my heater clamps, I guess I would pick up yours and then finally get a new clutch cable. I did a goofy repair to an accelerator cable once, used it for eight years or so then finally got around to replacing it :pirate:
Colin

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 am

I like my cell phone.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 am

Burn your bra! Figuratively. :flower:

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:55 pm

I used to be Mr. Anti-Cell. Some would say I sold out- I say I evolved.

LOL Just kidding. But I do like my cell phone. I use it about 3 times a week and shell out $60 a month for the honor of doing so, which is a good intelligence litmus test. One I often fail.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:03 pm

I spend that same $60 on stout, lots of stout. FREE stout for me. Bah you know me I'm a crusty old crank who dislikes the American lust for new things. I'm sure they have their place.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Amskeptic wrote: ("what's a clutch cable?. . . where are you now anyway?")
Hey! My "honey" knows not only what a clutch cable is, but how to change it, and the entire clutch! (though I doubt she would like to do it alone...)
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:45 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:Maybe not but a couple of hardware store cable clamps will, easily.

Bill
Hey Bill,
If I am on Arizona 89 north of Prescott, I may not have those cable clamps. If I then make it to the hardware store with my heater clamps, I guess I would pick up yours and then finally get a new clutch cable. I did a goofy repair to an accelerator cable once, used it for eight years or so then finally got around to replacing it :pirate:
Colin
Who needs a clutch? Start her up in 1'st gear and match rpm and road speed for shifts. I drive 18 wheelers for a living and don't use a clutch much in the trucks. Sometimes my left foot forgets the difference between a big rig and a VW and the shift just happens without the clutch. :dontknow:

Bill

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:06 am

vdubyah73 wrote:
Who needs a clutch?
I congratulate your Can-Do Spirit, and enjoy clutchless shifts myself with actual sliding gear transmissions.
When you look at the robust teeth in a truck transmission and compare them to the delicate synchro ring teeth, slider sleeve teeth and the gear teeth that catch the slider in a VW's constant mesh transmission, you don't want to be playing the clutchless game save for an emergency. It can be done, the VW will respond to your efforts, but you will pay down the line, sort of like radioactivity.
Colin

twinfalls
IAC Addict!

Post by twinfalls » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:15 pm

Back to Iran
What drives me mad, is to see all those politicians going there to LISTEN AT LIES.
This is a dangerous game, Iran rulers do know they are lyiers and love to see that our politicians do know it too AND KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT.
Hitler plaid that game,in the 30 s and you know what followed. And I am thanksfull, France was freed just before my birth. Hiroshima & Nagasaki , was a bit later.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:13 pm

twinfalls wrote:This is a dangerous game, Iran rulers do know they are lyiers and love to see that our politicians do know it too AND KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT.
I think one of the reasons we have such a difficult time making sense of international relations is the dysfunctional communication that arises from people who have secured secret deals and hidden agendas.
It's like watching your parents lie to your face. The more strident their rationalizations, the more your heart realizes that they are lying.
France and Britian and the U.S. have a rich history of colonizing and exploiting the Middle East, and their naked aggressions are all masked by pretty speeches about civilization and its civilized "missionary" goals.
We installed the Shah, we helped the Ayatollahs (thanks Ronnie) we helped Saddam (nice handshake Rummy) and now we bluster and puff about the axes of evil, good grief.
Colin

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:50 am

Amskeptic wrote: I think one of the reasons we have such a difficult time making sense of international relations is the dysfunctional communication that arises from people who have secured secret deals and hidden agendas.
It's like watching your parents lie to your face. The more strident their rationalizations, the more your heart realizes that they are lying.
France and Britian and the U.S. have a rich history of colonizing and exploiting the Middle East, and their naked aggressions are all masked by pretty speeches about civilization and its civilized "missionary" goals.
We installed the Shah, we helped the Ayatollahs (thanks Ronnie) we helped Saddam (nice handshake Rummy) and now we bluster and puff about the axes of evil, good grief.
Colin
Yeppers,,,It all is and has been massive deception, for many years, I can't believe how many of us have fallen for it, and it saddens me how many we can't help to see the light,,and some that do see it, prefer to murder for profit and have no problem with it.

Just remember, it all makes sense when you realize their agenda is control, dominate and get rich.
It all makes sense when you realize their agenda is control, dominate and get rich.
It all makes sense when you realize their agenda is control, dominate and get rich.