Bodies The Exhibition

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Bodies The Exhibition

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:23 pm

I put this in free speech because there is some parts of this exhibit that have really honked some people off.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/

We went and saw it today and it was AMAZING!! Makes me look at every motion I make in a different way. Also nice to go see something that makes politics, drama, and all the other crap good and bad in life seem like total, petty, BS. When you are staring at your central nervous system spralled out on a table under a glass case....it kind of alters the perspective that you had before you came in the door.

It was expensive though....$24 a person...I was about to say head :pale:
Really cool thing to see and very thought provoking. =D>
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:37 pm

I saw a special on that on the Science Channel. I really wanna see it but it's not coming to L.A. Incredibly cool. And everyone in the display volunteers so I see nothing wrong with it.It's better than the normal way of viewing the inside of a body for medical study. And less messy.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:46 pm

I remember one of those things got busted because the bodies were "seeping."

:-s
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Bodies The Exhibition

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:54 pm

spiffy wrote:
it was AMAZING!! Makes me look at every motion I make in a different way. Also nice to go see something that makes politics, drama, and all the other crap good and bad in life seem like total, petty, BS.
This I love.
Incontrovertible evidence of the miracle that not only surrounds us
but is us. . . . and dogs and cats and bugs and birds.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:52 am

The process they use to preserve them is amazing. One of the most eye popping exhibits was the veins and arteries shown throughout the entire body....they injected a compound into the blood stream that hardened and then they used a chemical that took all the organic matter off leaving nothing but millions and millions of blue and red rivers encased in glass and under low light....incredible. They also did a nice job of starting the exhibit out slow with bones and the internal structure and then they built the body up form the skeleton outward to include reproduction and the fetus and then ended with medical practices such as hip replacement, steel plates to secure broken bones.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"