And in Texas

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

And in Texas

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:57 am

A Texas art teacher with 28 years of exemplary teaching skills was fired for taking her elementary class to the Dallas Museum of Art because one of her 5th grade students complained that he/she saw nude art.

Over the past decade, 500,000 students have visited the DMA's collection of 26,000 works spanning 5,000 years.

So there was this marble statue from 330BC and Auguste Rodin's "Shade" and maybe Maillol's "Flora" a female form with a clingy sheer garment.

Have we fucking gone mad? Is this for real? Is this the Texas that has billboards every two miles inviting you to partake of nude! nude! nude! dancers at the next strip bar off the interstate? Call this number so Candi and Brandi and Missy can whisper "hot" suggestions in your ear?

This school teacher clearly has given a greater damn about children than any of the school board's ridiculous efforts to "protect" the children they must educate.

God help us. You start catering to these hysterical types who claim to want to protect their children from a 2,300 year old lump of marble or bronze when in fact they are crippling their children right now, and suddenly we all have crippled children in a crippled society led by crippled leaders who are all afraid of what is beautiful yet who are all happy to commit atrocities in distant lands in the name of "freedom" and I have a message for you. . . you don't have to appreciate art, but stay out of the way of those who do. freedom don'tya know.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Re: And in Texas

Post by Hippie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:58 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Have we fucking gone mad?
Yes.
Several years ago, in fact.

Rob

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:03 am

The god-fearing and the war-mongering are usually bedfellows...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:21 am

Don't paint all the right leaning people with the same brush. The far right are just as scary, if not more so than the far left.

Bill

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:32 pm

dingo wrote:The god-fearing and the war-mongering are usually bedfellows...
I think these types of so-called God-fearing people are faking it to get at more money.

Rob

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:10 pm

Oh yes enter the Fig Leaf :pale: That really worked to save our morals :pukeleft:

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:46 pm

What was the name of the senator from NC who had the nude statues removed from the state capitol?

Oh, yeah, Jesse Helms. Maybe he moved to Texas...

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Don't forget Ashcroft covering the breast of Justice
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:Don't paint all the right leaning people with the same brush. The far right are just as scary, if not more so than the far left.
I agree, the "far" anything is scary. But you have to admit this situation with the teacher is ridiculous.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:02 pm

Yeah, I just love our terror of the breast that fed us. But AK-47s and ammo clips draped all over a psychopathic loner Charles Bronsonesque mayhem movie poster are coooool.

Idiocy comes from all political persuasions.

The shame of it is that is just shame.
Why are we ashamed of our selves, represented as God and Nature delivered us and beautified by appreciative artists?
Colin

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:58 am

I just read through the article as well and its just horrible. To think the principle wanted them to go on the trip and then later denied it. I think something else must be going on. I bet the kid in questions just has parents with a grudge for some reason against the teacher. Probably got a B- in finger painting or something.

It is pretty dumb how as a culture we've become so PC yet so oblivious to our own BS we put out. Anyone ever watched TV lately??? How many crap shows deal with sex, drugs and violence nowadays. Whats more troubling is how people freak out about things like Janet Jacksons boob on TV when the news stations go into gruesome details for hours afterwards about rapes, murders and child molestation. Anyone ever watched a law and order. While I like the show it deals with this gruesome stuff which nobody cares about but when some kid sees a boobie in a museum on a sculpture somehow thats obscene??? WTF.
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Adventurewagen wrote: I think something else must be going on. I bet the kid in questions just has parents with a grudge for some reason against the teacher. Probably got a B- in finger painting or something.
How about our rapidly growing disdain for the arts? As the neo-cons sharpen their blades against "liberals" they target people in the arts. People who hate what they don't understand are ignorant.
People who are curious and open about that which they don't understand are innocent.
People who love what they can't understand are career tax accountants.
Colin