VT Cong Candidate Calls for Arrest of Bush & Cheney by U

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

VT Cong Candidate Calls for Arrest of Bush & Cheney by U

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:09 am

I thought some of us might be interested in this.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne ... ate_ca.htm
This is right on...

"Former Army Lieutenant and a candidate for Congress in VT, Dennis Morrisseau
of W. Pawlet, today called for the arrest of President Bush and Vice President
Cheney by the American military "if necessary" to prevent an unauthorized attack
upon the nation of Iran.
"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:13 am

Honestly?
If Congress would do its job, we wouldn't have to make such saber-rattling pronouncements.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:50 pm

I thought this was about the Viet Cong....
I wonder if a coup is possible in this country? How much anonymous power does our military have?
Then again, why would they with leadership that supports their aims.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 pm

hambone wrote:I thought this was about the Viet Cong....
I wonder if a coup is possible in this country? How much anonymous power does our military have?
Been watching the news lately? The headline on CNN the night before the Thai coup was "Military Revolt!" And they were referring to the U.S. Military and all the higher ups who are pissed.

REVOLUTION!!!
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 pm

hambone wrote:I wonder if a coup is possible in this country? How much anonymous power does our military have?
Our military commanders have just enough old-school men-of-honor left, that I do not yet see a risk. Their goals are not corporate hegemony, but their goals are self-justifying perpetuation. We blew it so bad at the end of the cold-war. The $$$ leaders just had to find some way to keep the bux rolling in. Even the military commanders have no use for stoopit new expensive toys that don't work, but the contractors, oy.

We could be enlightened global guides, we really could. . . if we lived by our principles. Please God.
Colin

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:19 pm

hambone wrote:I thought this was about the Viet Cong....
anonymous power....not much.....plus a strong enough motivating factor would be needed to get the troops pissed off enough at their own country...I don't see that happening any time soon :bom:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:22 pm

spiffy wrote:plus a strong enough motivating factor would be needed to get the troops pissed off enough at their own country...I don't see that happening any time soon :bom:
Getting my arms & legs blown off and then receiving a bill for the lost body armor would piss me off! And yes, that did actually happen.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Yeah, Sluggo, I believe it. I was pretty pissed off when a guy I used to work with told me thay had to pay for their own meals and uniforms.
Good God! they're over wearing out they're clothes in desert combat and have to pay for them!

Rob

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:51 pm

"Yeah, Sluggo, I believe it. I was pretty pissed off when a guy I used to work with told me thay had to pay for their own meals and uniforms.
Good God! they're over wearing out they're clothes in desert combat and have to pay for them! "

Rob

Having been in the military and now in the reserve side of the house buying equipment for yourself was commonplace....I know it sounds crazy but it is true.....simple process really, if the army issue stuff doesn't keep you warm then you go buy chonies that do.. The army IS getting alot better at supplying the front line guys with the proper equipment though......too bad it took the lives of some joes to expedite them pulling their heads from their fourth point of contact. Sad but true....ick, makes my skin crawl.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:19 pm

spiffy wrote: too bad it took the lives of some joes to expedite them pulling their heads from their fourth point of contact. Sad but true....ick, makes my skin crawl.
It is reprehensible. Those signing bonuses to get people to enlist, remember those? If a serviceman was killed before meeting the terms, the military was demanding the bonuses back from the surviving spouses.
Reprehensible.
Donald Rumsfeld reprehensible putting our KIDS in harm's way because he had a vanity a conceit about fostering a lean military machine. That also had terrible consequences towards securing the peace.
AND we have to hear about Bill Clinton's personal moral errors again in this political season to distract us from far more serious moral failings by the morally bankrupt sanctimonious neo-cons. Puke.
Colin

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:33 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
spiffy wrote: too bad it took the lives of some joes to expedite them pulling their heads from their fourth point of contact. Sad but true....ick, makes my skin crawl.
It is reprehensible. Those signing bonuses to get people to enlist, remember those? If a serviceman was killed before meeting the terms, the military was demanding the bonuses back from the surviving spouses.
Reprehensible.
Donald Rumsfeld reprehensible putting our KIDS in harm's way because he had a vanity a conceit about fostering a lean military machine. That also had terrible consequences towards securing the peace.
AND we have to hear about Bill Clinton's personal moral errors again in this political season to distract us from far more serious moral failings by the morally bankrupt sanctimonious neo-cons. Puke.
Colin
Having my wife out in Iraq when the whole war started and the subsequent year was definitely enough to get me permanently honked off at Rumy and Bush and the whole Bull shit story and the ultimatum that led us to the berms on the edge of Kuwait in March 2003.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:54 am

It is our Democracy to lose or save. If we fall for the crap that is spewing out right now (Bush just did an appearance where he is threatening America that democrats will "raise your taxes") if we fall for this utter idiocy again, we will get what is coming. . . .
AND we must get out the votes in enough numbers to OVERCOME the vote irregularities that are sure to surface.
We have to talk with people who are not decided, and even friends who are on the other side and convince them it is time for a change.
Don't let these guys in power determine the issues as "taxes and terrorism*" it is far deeper than that!
Colin
*even though they have screwed up on both counts

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:52 am

As pissed off as I am at the current administration, I *REFUSE* to support or participate in a military coup.

If something is done within the Constitution, I'm all for it. But I'd take a bullet for the office of the President in a coup situation.

We need change. A coup isn't the way to go.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:54 am

DurocShark wrote:We need change. A coup isn't the way to go.
I agree. But I think the point is...it could happen.
Since I went back to school and had to take history classes and all that yada, yada -I was amazed at the parallel between France immediately before their revolution and the United States today. One of the main issues was the financial insolvency of their government. The burden of taxes (and everything else) was on the little guy and it wasn't enough. Yet Since the people who made all the decisions were the nobility, there was no way they were going to have to start doing their bit.
And I'm old enough to remember when corporations paid something like 27% of the taxes. What is it now? Something like 3% I think.

Rob

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:04 am

Hippie wrote:
And I'm old enough to remember when corporations paid something like 27% of the taxes. What is it now? Something like 3% I think.
Under Nixon it was 27%
When GWB came in it was 11% and now is just under 10%.

We will be looking at a coup if voting ever gets suspended because of "national emergency" that we all determine is not warranted.
Cheney and Company have discussed the suspension of voting under a "red" alert.

All of this fear-mongering is right out of fascist playbooks.
Colin