Let's say I break into your house

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:36 am

Not completely my point of view but the following is provoking none the less. :flower:

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!!
It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house.

Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors.

I've done all the things you don't like to do.

I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house

You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan

You are Required to Educate my kids

You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family

(my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.

I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and Biggoted.

Oh yeah,

I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!!

so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America .......if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off......... along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:59 am

:pukeleft:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:12 am

To the author of that letter:

First, I would love to have someone break in to my house and clean it. Please do! And is it to much to ask for a little compensation for their hard work? God forbid they get some medical care after weeks of hard labor. Meanwhile Mister Joe Amerikan get full medical for clicking on his computer and banging his secretary.

Second, I don't believe in birthright. What the hell makes me more "American" than "Carlos?" Because as luck would have it I was born here?

Third, on a purely capitalist level, if the Mexicans have it so great, why don't you go buy a house in Mexico, work on the farms for shit wages and send all the money back to Mexico to support your family. That is how it works right?

And that last thing about english is just retarded ma'am. No one is forcing you to learn anything. God forbid you expand your vocabulary...

((eep))
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am

Is that emoticon barfing or eating a pile of shit ? or both ? or is it one then the other ? its kind of hard to tell.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:54 am

dingo wrote:Is that emoticon barfing or eating a pile of shit ? or both ? or is it one then the other ? its kind of hard to tell.
mmmmmm green poop!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:55 am

whatever it is, it sums up my first reaction to the selfishness of that woman.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:41 am

DjEep wrote:whatever it is, it sums up my first reaction to the selfishness of that woman.
That is a good point, she does come off self centered. I think her analogy would have been stronger if she would have offered up some possible solutions or dig deeper for the root causes.......or at the very least SOME empathy.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Let's say I break into your house

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:56 pm

spiffy wrote:
I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

Only in America .......
I tend to agree with how nuts immigration looks when it is portrayed like this. But the fact of the matter is:

The Homeowner husband invited the family in when the homeowner wife wasn't looking. She is pissed, but at the wrong people. The first step is to ask him why he invited them in only to treat them like second-class help. He'll sound like an idiot while he tries to talk out of both sides of his mouth.
The U.S. DEPENDS on these workers mainly to protect their profits. It is not about "jobs that U.S. citizens refuse to do". We refuse to work for less money than we can support ourselves with. How demoralizing is that? The secret conundrum is that industry refuses to pay a fair wage. Period.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:42 am

If you break into my house and I find you there, I'm gonna put a world of hurt on you for messing with my stuff! You may have cleaned my house but you may be a pedophile just wanting to do harm to my children. How do I know different? You break into my house and I'm supposed to welcome you with open arms? How do I know you aren't gonna kill me in my sleep and steal my Bus and kidnap my kids. I don't know a fucking thing about you! I'm gonna fuck you up! I don't care how clean my house is. Get the fuck out of my house.
You guys want to keep paying higher and higher taxes to provide social services to people that are here illegally? If the cheap labor wasn't available the wages would go up in order to get the workers needed to get the job done.

I've seen a lot of the world and I'm very grateful to have been born an American citizen. I've been to Europe and the Middle east as well as central America. The middle class in Europe lives like the poor in our country.

Utopia is a long, long way away. Just be good to your friends and family, help a stranger in need. But your family and their saftey should always come first.

Bill

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:44 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:You may have cleaned my house but you may be a pedophile just wanting to do harm to my children. How do I know different?
Most kidnappers and pedophiles know their victims... Don't fear things just because you don't know them.
vdubyah73 wrote: You guys want to keep paying higher and higher taxes to provide social services to people that are here illegally? If the cheap labor wasn't available the wages would go up in order to get the workers needed to get the job done.
Simple economics: Higher wages = higher prices, offsetting the savings from lowered taxes. And if people are so worried about their tax dollars, they shouldn't have supported the Iraq fiasco. That costs a whole lot more than antibiotics for children. Too late now. But I digress....
vdubyah73 wrote: I've seen a lot of the world and I'm very grateful to have been born an American citizen. I've been to Europe and the Middle east as well as central America. The middle class in Europe lives like the poor in our country.
Lucky you. Now why are you more deserving of the opportunities available here than someone else?

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:29 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:If you break into my house and I find you there, I'm gonna put a world of hurt on you for messing with my stuff! You may have cleaned my house but you may be a pedophile just wanting to do harm to my children. How do I know different? You break into my house and I'm supposed to welcome you with open arms? How do I know you aren't gonna kill me in my sleep and steal my Bus and kidnap my kids. I don't know a fucking thing about you! I'm gonna fuck you up! I don't care how clean my house is. Get the fuck out of my house.
You guys want to keep paying higher and higher taxes to provide social services to people that are here illegally? If the cheap labor wasn't available the wages would go up in order to get the workers needed to get the job done.

I've seen a lot of the world and I'm very grateful to have been born an American citizen. I've been to Europe and the Middle east as well as central America. The middle class in Europe lives like the poor in our country.

Utopia is a long, long way away. Just be good to your friends and family, help a stranger in need. But your family and their saftey should always come first.

Bill

I completly agree with you and will gladly add to the argument if needed . we all have experiances and opinions. Living in So Cal has a very diff view of how they take advantage of "Free EVERTHING" from our tax dollars.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Like I said, if they take such "advantage" we should all drop out of the system and pick berries for pocket change.

I happen to work around "illegals" all the time, since i work at farmers markets, and they are for the most part decent, hardworking folks. They sometimes make me feel like one hell of a slacker.

If you are so worried about them taking your jobs and your social security, why don't you do the true American thing and go do something to prove your worth in society instead of just bitching about other hardworking people making you look bad for slacking. I love how people love capitalism until they get hit by the tail end of it.

I guarantee that the common immigrant worker, "legal" or not, works a hell of a lot harder than you or I or most anyone else in this country these days.

((eep))

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:19 pm

The system is wrong and needs to be fixed for everyone to respect the workers and their need and wants. It should not be a open border for them to have many children and draw on our social services and tax our democracy to take care of our own aging and veterans fighting to protect our freedoms and Constitution. Cesar Chevas had it right to give them a time and place to help each others country, and in steps corruption and the weak of mind in Mexico follow the horrible that take their limited funds and dump them in OUR land to care for. Or get exploited in the ghettos of large cities to fend for them selves for survival They become the robbers , rapist and largest population of our prison system. Tell me, is this the right way to go?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:25 am

I have absolutely no problem with legal immagration. It's the illegals that gotta go.

Bill

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:34 am

vdubyah73 wrote:I have absolutely no problem with legal immagration. It's the illegals that gotta go.

Bill
Then we must answer why American business promotes ILLEGAL immigration.

You know damn well that service and agriculture lobbies have bitterly fought against toughening the green card laws, you also know that we can easily get a start on it by applying stiff sanctions against those who HIRE illegals. As usual, we punish the supply and refuse to look at the demand in the eye.
Like I say. . . . talking out of both sides of their mouths.
And the tired old claim that illegal immigrants are draining our budgets is pure hogwash, their contribution to the economy far exceeds the social program costs. Let's ratchet up our understanding here. . . . . their labors are siphoned into the obscene profit margins we now call the norm, their social needs are competing with our social service needs because we have strangled our social service budgets "we can't afford to pay these social costs. . ." the hell we can't. We can pay for a 300 billion dollar war AND tax cuts for the rich, but we can't keep social services funded? Bullshit. We have only illustrated our priorities with how we spend our money.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles