Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Political Season Is Upon Us.

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:14 am

And I see trouble.
ABC News is poised to air a piece called "Path To 911" that has already been refuted on a strictly factual basis by one of the principals in it, but ABC is being driven by forces other than the pursuit of knowledge.
It makes me want to puke.
GWB had dismissed many of the threats being followed by Clinton's team, including the threat of airplanes being used.
After 911, there was Condi, "who woulda thunk it?"
After Katrina collapsed the levees, there's GWB, "who wudda thought it?"
We have to change the status quo.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 am

I wanna see this just for the inaccuracies. I was listening to Air America yesterday and they were talking about how it goes as far as to put the blame on Clinton. Everytime I see this crap I think "who could possibly believe this"? And then 1/2 the country falls for it! People still believe we voted for these guys twice?
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:53 pm

It sure is, boy howdy...
Things are a mess, but at the very least this allows us to gain perspective, globally. Imagine what they'll think of us in 100 years when Florida doesn't exist (well, it'll exist under 10ft of water)...Hopefully by then, the entire moral structure will have changed, and they'll have us and our primitive mess to thank for it. Things HAVE TO get worse before they get better. And what is "better" anyway? Isn't ALL of it a state of mind ultimately?
All WE can do is be Good Americans, in the purest sense, not this canned nationalism being crammed down our throats. Sept 11 is now Patriot Day? Give me a fucking break. How is it patriotic that 3000+ people were senselessly killed? This mindset doesn't make things better.

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Perhaps I should start a new thread (or not, it seems my motives are suspect) about "What were you doing on 9/11". Its amazing how most people know exacty where they were and what they were doing.

I was visiting relatives in St Louis. I was having a good time revisiting the past teaching my cousin how to make her own incense. Then the news broke about the towers.

It seems nothing has been the same since........
:king:

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:04 pm

hambone wrote: Imagine what they'll think of us in 100 years when Florida doesn't exist (well, it'll exist under 10ft of water)...
If I had to pick a state to lose... :thumbleft:
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:14 pm

kool aid wrote:it seems my motives are suspect

"What were you doing on 9/11". Its amazing how most people know exacty where they were and what they were doing.
I was visiting relatives in St Louis. I was having a good time revisiting the past teaching my cousin how to make her own incense. Then the news broke about the towers.
It seems nothing has been the same since........
Re: your motives, toughen up. Contribute, and the silly stuff will recede in time. Now I should practice what I preach. . . .

I was at work in a meeting. We set up a TV. First plane was " stupid air traffic controllers" or something. Second plane and news of Pentagon hit was " uh oh, something's up." When the first tower went down I had to go outside, nausea. I could not tolerate what I thought had just gone down.
There was relief when the fatality count was a tenth of what we expected.
I went hollow inside for months.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:13 pm

I woke up to it on CNN right after the first plane hit. I usually fall asleep watching CNN at night. My wife shook me and said "you gotta see this". A few minutes later the second plane hit. I watche dthe towers collapse and then had to go to work to figure out what we were gonna do. I worked for a catering company at the time and we supplied craft services for the major studios in the area. They all closed and cancelled every order. My boss lost thousands of dollars that day and his business was cut in half for at least 6 months. The initial attack seemed to effect every aspect of life for everybody. I've already made many comments on what I feel happened afterwards.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:47 pm

My wife and I had just gotten back from a three day "hippie jam band festival" the night before. I got up earlier than I really wanted that morning, and kicked on the TV to catch up on the world a bit before going out to the driveway to unload the car.

Saw an airplane crash into a skyscraper. "Oh cool, what movie is this?" ... "waitaminnit, this is CNN. WTF?" .. "W. T. F. ??"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:01 pm

I was on my way to work. A voice came on the radio and said we all needed to stop what we were doing and get to a television. I called my wife to let her know something big was happening. When I got to work someone had brought in a TV and we watched as the news streamed in. The Towers burned. It was surreal. That day was a fog from there on out until I got home. My youngest son started talking to me he was 4 then. He told me that when he got older he was going to be clean shaven. His innocence hit me full on and I started to cry. That was a rough time.

Going back to Colin's original post, I got an email from Congressman John Conyers office today regarding the upcoming ABC docu-drama. there was this link :http://thinkprogress.org/tellabc. It's a letter to Robert A. Iger the President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company asking ABC to either fix the inacuracies in the made for TV movie or not air it at all. The more people that speak out the better.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:31 am

I woke up to take a piss and my mom was yelling about planes and buildings and explosions and, seeing as my dad was on a business trip I though he was dead or something...
So I said... Let me piss and then lay this on me.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?