Fossils are Offensive!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:36 am

Growing up in Utah and having friends tell me that they were going hunting because that is what god put the animals on earth for still irks me to this day.....if you ever want to subject yourself to some good insight (delivered via the missionary torture method) go to SLC and take the temple tour. After I saw their view point and how one sided it is I gave up on even approaching evolution with them...all I would get is a trained monkey blank stare "but god put monkeys on earth for us to experiment on" :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

I think that those fossil finds are fascinating so much so that I almost switched my degree to archeology...what could be more fun than sleuthing out the location (and possibly getting closer to the oldest, deepest parts of our brains) find a good site and then start putting together the clues to piece together that hominids life and demise.

One question that I am intrigued with is that the neanderthals actually had larger brains then homo sapiens and both lived on this planet at the same time...why did the neanderthals die out? Some say that there is evidence that they were not capable of speech and therefore homo sapiens social skill set grew exponentially faster.....I wonder how it would be to actually be on this planet with another species of human......
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am

spiffy wrote:I wonder how it would be to actually be on this planet with another species of human......
We are. They're called politicians. :joker:
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:13 am

Westy78 wrote:We are. They're called politicians.
That's insulting .. to humans. :colors:

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:20 am

Westy78 wrote:
spiffy wrote:I wonder how it would be to actually be on this planet with another species of human......
We are. They're called politicians. :joker:

LOL...good game!
Now that you mention it they do have larger brow ridges and a perpensity for grunting.....wow, they even have ritualized burials with their ill-begotten heir-loom furniture :cyclopsani: jeesh, the parallels are mind boggling.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:36 pm

They also fling poo at each other when trying to advance their position in the social structure. Oh, well I guess that's more primate but close enough.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.