A suggestion for those tired of the shit stirrers

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Westy78
IAC Addict!

A suggestion for those tired of the shit stirrers

Post by Westy78 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:10 pm

First let me say that I was glad to have this new forum to recapture the sense of community that is now lost on The Samba BWF. It has become a little sterile for my tastes. Yes it's a tech forum and was always meant to be, but the attitude it's now taken is not my thing. Still it's a good resource if all you want is tech mixed with some my cock is bigger than yours banter. Before, I looked at it as an extension of sitting around the campfire BSing with fellow bus drivers and whatever came up in conversation was all good. I think that makes for a much more interesting place to be whether I agreed with what was said or not.

I learned long ago that arguing with someone that is dead set in their ways for the most part is a waste of my time. Example, born again Christians. Nothing wrong with that being your belief but is anything I say going to change your mind? Nope. Waste of my time and vice-versa. I am kind of lazy and would rather put my energy into something more constructive. :D

That being said, with the "new" members (you know who you are) coming here just to stir shit (which is a big reason for me not frequenting The Samba as much) and cause problems may I make a suggestion to those not wanting to see it. IGNORE THEM! They are here for one reason and one reason only. To try and attack someones character and argue a dead subject. I never got involved in the whole Colin thing over there because I think there were good points on either side. Let it stand at that. It's in the past, we moved on to this site to get away from it and responding to any of their blather here will only encourage more of the same.

They are trying to get a reaction and attention. Just like training a puppy, if you give them attention for an unwanted behavior you have just rewarded them and they will continue with the same to get more attention. Who are these shit stirrers going to argue with if no one responds to their crap? Themselves? I know that sometimes it will be hard not to say anything but I would like to think the maturity level here is higher. Be the bigger man or women and let them have their opinions and leave it at that. You're not going to change their minds. Eventually they'll get tired of talking to themselves and hey, what do you know, no more seagulls.

Well, those are my opinions on the matter. Agree or not, at least give it some thought.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:14 pm

Is there a "watch out" list somewhere I should know of? I dont want to associate with that type of person.
:king:

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:19 pm

kool aid wrote:Is there a "watch out" list somewhere I should know of? I dont want to associate with that type of person.
If you can't figure out who they are, maybe you're one of them. :joker:

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:21 pm

Westy78 wrote:
kool aid wrote:Is there a "watch out" list somewhere I should know of? I dont want to associate with that type of person.
I dont know who any shit stirrers might be. Personally, im offended at the accusation. Might you be paranoid?

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:23 pm

kool aid wrote:
Westy78 wrote:
I dont know who any shit stirrers might be. Personally, im offended at the accusation. Might you be paranoid?
If you're offended than who's the paranoid one? I know I don't get offended if I know I'm not in the wrong.

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Im not the one who started this thread. Paraniod much? Then you accuse me of being a shit stirrer? I just got here, how can I be one?

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:27 pm

And this is where I begin to practice what I preach..... :bom:

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:29 pm

Well, Im listening. I"m told im a good listener, and a quick learner.

Preach!

lovemybus
Getting Hooked!

Post by lovemybus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:32 pm

I honestly know 5 year olds that behave more adult like then you Kool aid- Give me a break...
Long live the VW Buses...
LoveMyBus.com

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:34 pm

lovemybus wrote:I honestly know 5 year olds that behave more adult like then you Kool aid- Give me a break...
Excuse me? What have I done? Is this how you treat new people here? Im almost speechless....

And, what happened to no personal attacks? Arent you some kind of a moderator or something?

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:36 pm

kool aid wrote:
lovemybus wrote:I honestly know 5 year olds that behave more adult like then you Kool aid- Give me a break...
Excuse me? What have I done? Is this how you treat new people here? Im almost speechless....
My suggestion is that you quit lurking over at the samba and register. There's a much wider array of individuals, and you don't need to be in a "clique" to fit in.

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:38 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
kool aid wrote:
My suggestion is that you quit lurking over at the samba and register. There's a much wider array of individuals, and you don't need to be in a "clique" to fit in.
Maybe so. I wonder if personal attacks are permitted there?

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:40 pm

R.B.P. wrote:.... at the samba and register. There's a much wider array of individuals, and you don't need to be in a "clique" to fit in.
:laughing3: The clique's that have developed there are one of the biggest problems.

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:41 pm

So there are cliques here? Ill want to avoid those as well. I am my own person.

lovemybus
Getting Hooked!

Post by lovemybus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm

kool aid wrote:

And, what happened to no personal attacks? Arent you some kind of a moderator or something?
This is more of an observation then an attack.

No, I am not a moderator-
I have been helping with the technical side of the IACF.
Long live the VW Buses...
LoveMyBus.com