A suggestion for those tired of the shit stirrers

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:24 pm

MidWesty wrote:You say that there are names being besmirched and mods being badmouthed. How come they are not over here defending themselves? Or are they? ::dshock::
The only people who have "besmirched " anyone at Samba are rants regulars trying to cause trouble. No contributing members have said anything bad that I can recall. And definitely not Colin or I. I've been corresponding with Everett & Keifernet and they wish us all the luck in the world. Keifernet has even helped me out a little. They run their site the way they want to. We didn't like it so we took the suggestion that was thrown out there numerous times and "Started Our Own Forum". Which we run the way we want to. The people who run the Samba see nothing wrong with that and have no problems with us. And we have no problem with them.

That's as clear as it can possibly get.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:26 pm

Well said Midwesty. Some good questions that I'm sure we'll never hear an answer to. I'd love to hear some direct answers instead of arguing in cirlces and empty accusations.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

MidWesty
Getting Hooked!

Post by MidWesty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:44 pm

I'm sure we won't Jasan. I'm just kind of sick of all this shit already. I just want to keep my VW's running really. I try not to get caught up in all the drama but damn, it's hard not to when it's the same shit over and over. If I want to argue with 4 year olds I'll go in the other room.
The site is growing everyday, and I for one do not intend to let clowns like this ruin it for me. I figured there would be some BS to contend with for awhile. That mentality is pretty predictable.
I go between 4 different VW forums to get my fix on a daily basis. I like the way this one is turning out. It does suck though that there are longer threads dedicated to argument than useful info. Like you said though, arguing in circles. 6 pages! :argue:
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

'78 Rivi
'63 Ragtop
'73 Double cab (for sale)

daninghram
Addicted!

Post by daninghram » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:18 am

R.B.P. wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Opinions will be spared, profanity and personal insults will not.
Spirited discussions are welcome so long as they stick to whatever topic is at hand and do not descend into personal attack.
I do not see any evolution in our interaction here. You are welcome to interact with members here who enjoy your contribution. I'm done.
Colin
Don't forget Colin, you were welcomed to stay at the samba if you posted within the administrator/owner of the sites rules... so whats next ... banisment?

Guess you can't "re-invent the perfect wheel" even though you tried... you hypocrites are having to do the same moderating the samba and every other website has to do to make it like "you want it"

The list of rules do seem to be getting longer and longer here. Maybe you should rename this forum "Screened Speech".
So what would be your samba login name?
Free speech does not apply to private sector, I'm sure you know that anyway. I did not look at the pic you posted but I can guess it is offensive.
Why would something like that belong on a forum like this, except to shock and offend.
I don't know even why it has not been deleted.
What was your samba Login name again?
Are you here just to be disruptive, I doesn't seem like you are here to support this forum or the community that posts here.
What was that samba name?

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:26 am

MidWesty wrote:R.B.P.
Seriously, why does it bother you so much what goes on here? You seem to be taking this whole thing very personal. :-k Does it hurt your feelings that Colin left? You were surely one of the ones on the gradeschool bandwagon that is the Rants, bitching and moaning about broken rules.
Doesn't bother me a bit. As stated earlier, I'm here strictly for the shits and giggles factor.
MidWesty wrote:It's obvious there have to be some rules to keep everything from going down the toilet. Can we agree on that at least?
Absolutely agree with you on that. Maybe Colin can follow them better on this site.
MidWesty wrote:What took place over on thesamba is done, has been for a few weeks now. I believe the reason your post/link was deleted/edited here was the admins trying to avoid this becoming a cesspool of toilet humor. I can understand that. What Colin was doing on thesamba, from what I could tell, was throwing in some daily observations sprinkled throughout his technical stuff.
If you go back and re-read his post, it is clearly political and there is a forum for that which scardycat Colin is afraid to go into. So, what does he do? Breaks the rules and posts it in the BWF where it is deleted. So, what does he do? Breaks the rules and re-posts it in the BWF VERBATIM (which tells me that he needs to muse and write out every single post he makes in Word and then copy/paste it into his post - i.e. can't think on his feet).
MidWesty wrote:Don't know anything about an agreement between him and Ev. Don't personally care.
Nor does Ev.
MidWesty wrote:No, I don't know Colin nor can I say that I'll ever meet him. Believe it or not, I don't even like Kool Aid. I can see why he left thesamba though. Mob mentality. I do not expect you to see that or understand it though. You see what you see he sees what he sees, I see what I see, you get the idea. Nothing is going to change that. It's in our programming.
Yes, I do understand that completely.
MidWesty wrote:I'm sure your a nice enough guy outside the computer world, but you need to just give it a rest man.
Maybe one day I will, or maybe I won't. We'll just have to see.
MidWesty wrote:Mr. Breeze didn't lose his mod job over this, everyone in the rants had a few days of good laughs. All's well that ends well. I'm sure your corresponding with someone via email or PM over at thesamba about all the "trouble" your causing over at that stinkfoot forum. Probably getting a real kick out of it I'd say. If your only here to point out the blatant hyprocrisy of the site, well I say good job man. ***hands over a cookie*** So be it.
Nope, can't say I am, and thanks for the cookie, hope its peanut butter.
MidWesty wrote:You say that there are names being besmirched and mods being badmouthed. How come they are not over here defending themselves? Or are they? ::dshock::
I don't think that would be very ethical of them to do such a thing. And I have personally met the mods/admins that are in question and in my judgement, they would never do such a thing.
MidWesty wrote:Again, why does all this touch such a nerve with you?
God's honest truth? Well, you see, once upon a time, there was this guy over at the samba BWF that felt the need to incessantly post his musings, observations and general outlook in life as well as throw in some technical writings about running on 3 cylinders. Well, the admins/mods there thought instead of having such an incessant number of Itinerant threads, they'd make a sticky about it. Well, this guy then threw a temper tantrum that would piss off a teething 2 year old, so the admins/mods let it continue to the point where this guy had to go and push the envelope too far, threw another temper tantrum and when the admins/mods didn't relent this time, he took his ball and started his own site.

Guess what. I'm here to be the very same thorn that this guy was there.

I mean really, there's 76 Itinerant threads over there, yes, 76. This guy needs to deflate his ego a bit and come back to earth one of these days.

Hope this answers all of your questions. :thumbleft:

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:53 am

R.B.P. wrote:
Guess what. I'm here to be the very same thorn that this guy was there.

So, two wrongs make a right. Gotcha. :thumbleft: You're the big bad Samba vigilante.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:28 am

If this bothers you so much, why are you following him around? You are not going to prove a point by cyber-stalking. 99.9% of the folks here are here for technical assistance and comraderie and that whole samba thing is in the past and buried......you seem to be the one that can't get over it. So do yourself a favor..GET OVER IT :flower:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:49 am

R.B.P. wrote:Guess what. I'm here to be the very same thorn that this guy was there.

Hope this answers all of your questions. :thumbleft:
Cool, glad that's settled! :thumbright: We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :violent2:
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:40 am

R.B.P. wrote:
I'm here strictly for the shits and giggles factor.
Noted.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:40 pm

so there have been deleted posts?

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:34 pm

baygeek wrote:so there have been deleted posts?
I'll ask again:

have there been deleted posts here?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:45 pm

I'll tell ya none of mine have been deleted or edited. And I'm pretty much on the opposite side of the socio/political spectrum than most on this site. Don't make it personal or down right rude and ya got nothing to worry about. It seems to me that if someone was to get edited or deleted they probably deserve it. Free speech comes with its own kind of responsibilities. You can get arrested for yelling FIRE in a movie theater ya know.

Bill

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:28 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:I'll tell ya none of mine have been deleted or edited. And I'm pretty much on the opposite side of the socio/political spectrum than most on this site. Don't make it personal or down right rude and ya got nothing to worry about. It seems to me that if someone was to get edited or deleted they probably deserve it. Free speech comes with its own kind of responsibilities. You can get arrested for yelling FIRE in a movie theater ya know.

Bill
Well said Bill....opening yer trap comes with responsibilities.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:19 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:I'll tell ya none of mine have been deleted or edited. And I'm pretty much on the opposite side of the socio/political spectrum than most on this site. Don't make it personal or down right rude and ya got nothing to worry about. It seems to me that if someone was to get edited or deleted they probably deserve it. Free speech comes with its own kind of responsibilities. You can get arrested for yelling FIRE in a movie theater ya know.

Bill
Agreed... and this is the first time Bill and I have agreed on anything. I happen to enjoy debating things with him.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:32 am

Yep. There's a difference between debate and insult.

There's a difference between posting an obscene and disgusting photo and posting a political (or other) opinion.