mr.Breeze is a great moderator and a better person!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:50 am

Amskeptic wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:
Serious question: Why don't you leave? I mean really, all I've ever heard you spout is hatred against THIS country. Never seems to be any hatred against any other country spilling from your piehole, so, what gives? Seems to me that you'd make a good frenchman. In fact, you could take one of your wife beater t-shirts and make a white flag out of it for your french passport photo. Oh, and I'd recommend a good cleaning and bleaching on your wife beater shirt before you hoist it on your flagpole.
Okey dokey, R.B.P. I suppose I can attempt to respond to you here without the thread getting deleted like it would have once upon a time.
Nor would we blame ourselves as a people. We have leaders on both sides of these conflicts who have lost all perspective in their single-minded pursuit of power.
You are not reading "hatred." You are reading a painful love. It does not surprise me that you would claim "hatred." I have been reading your posts and even visited the link you posted here on this site. That, my friend, is hatred and contempt. It might be all that you can see, I don't know.

You invite me to leave, sorry. I have followed the history of this great country, and I have learned of the principles that guided our Founding Fathers, THAT is what makes me so damn angry at these current charlatans in government who are besmirching my great country in the name of their own idiot pursuits of self-enrichment.

Hate this country? Good Lord no. The promise of the American People is being bleached out of us by these single-minded corporate parasites who could no more talk about their love of country than next quarter's bottom line. I did not see Exxon Mobil or Halliburton offer to lift one finger to help pay for the equipment our soldiers need to survive the war in Iraq even by the simple act of paying the correct royalties on Public Lands which have enriched them so enormously, yet our soldiers are being killed to keep their resources/profits flowing?

Am I not a patriot to ask why our sons and daughters are being asked to make the ultimate sacrifice while those pigs in Washington debate the next tax cut for the wealthy? Perhaps you choose to remain uninformed and at the mercy of talk-radio, don't try to use what you've heard as an argument against my patriotism. You want to debate on the issues or merely make smart remarks? I am sick and damn tired of raging ignorance.
Colin
I see the DNC sent you your talking points.

You'd be far more convincing if you were critical of BOTH parties in Washington, as they BOTH play the same game, albeit from different ends of the field.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:50 am

Both Parties???? The DNC doesn't even exist anymore. They are the party of "please tell us what to do, we want to win elections!!!"

By the way, that was a nice, intelligent, fact-filled rebuttal to Amskeptics post....

::sarcasm meter pegs::
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:32 am

R.B.P. wrote:I see the DNC sent you your talking points.
You'd be far more convincing if you were critical of BOTH parties in Washington, as they BOTH play the same game, albeit from different ends of the field.
You don't see me mentioning Republican vs Democrat.
I have an issue with Disparity.
Do you really think I am just parroting "talking points"?
Come on, you can do better than that.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Do you really think I am just parroting "talking points"?
Come on, you can do better than that.
Colin
Yes, I do. And I think you need to admit it also. Those were all dem talking points and generalizations you brought up. You're buying into the system, I can tell you that much.

See, THAT'S the problem, the system, not rep or dem, but the whole conglomeration of the two and how they thrive on holding onto power.

That's the part you're missing Amskeptic

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:15 pm

In Ma. we have a category of voter called unenrolled. That would be me , I vote for the man or woman that makes sense to me. Used to be called independent 'till Ross Perot came along.

Bill

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:20 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:In Ma. we have a category of voter called unenrolled. That would be me , I vote for the man or woman that makes sense to me. Used to be called independent 'till Ross Perot came along.

Bill
If I'm not mistaken, in a general election, you can vote for whoever the hell you want. And I highly reccomend that tactic when voting.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:29 pm

Yep, but you can vote in either primary if yer unenrolled. But you can't vote in the dems if your registered rep and visa versa.

Bill

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:31 am

so now we understand; the IAC is a Democrat-slanted, revisionist forum that started off with no rules... but now has determined that the 'free speech' forum was too free....

I got it...

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:05 am

baygeek wrote:so now we understand; the IAC is a Democrat-slanted, revisionist forum that started off with no rules... but now has determined that the 'free speech' forum was too free....

I got it...
There was always one rule. We had to add the NSFW rule because some people like to do whatever they can to cause trouble. Just like in real life, free speech needs to have some boundaries. Otherwise people try to twist things in order to force their own agenda. I think you need to find a new angle.

I've made a rule for myself. Not to respond to obviously inflammatory posts. But I felt this point needed to be made.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:10 am

baygeek wrote:so now we understand; the IAC is a Democrat-slanted, revisionist forum that started off with no rules... but now has determined that the 'free speech' forum was too free....

I got it...

Don't assume that one person's views and opinions are shared by everyone, and don't pretend to have all the information as to what happened on TS either. Unless you're EvB, Jen, Breeze or Keifernet, you don't.

"Free speech" simply means you san say what you want without censorship by the "state"; the "state" in this case being the site moderators. But "free speech" isn't a guarantee of an audience, people are perfectly free to ignore you if they choose.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:16 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
hambone wrote:Hatred? Aren't all Americans entitled to speak from their hearts? Required to?
It's the very foundation of what makes us a great land.
Then why doesn't Amskeptic think it's a "great" land? :-k
This is another example of the effects of the propaganda machine. If you don't like what is going on in this country you must hate it... Seriously R.B.P you are much smarter than that, at least you would appear to be....

For thousands of years the leaders of countries have played the religion card, please don't say you are happy that our people in office orchestrated 9/11 killing 3000 people to then lie to us to lunch a war and you are happy because you think we need to get rid of the religous nuts!!!!
The only thing religous about this war is that the powers to be are using religeon to gain support from the more easily decieved.
And like I said before, the only religous nuts i fear are the right wing Christians who are so easily decieved,,,,vote for me, I hate gays and abortion and love to kill others..., duh.... Didn't Jesus say if your enemy hits you on the right cheek turn and give him the left, or did he say to blow your enemy up and everyone around him before he hits you?

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Sluggo wrote:

I got it...
There was always one rule. We had to add the NSFW rule because some people like to do whatever they can to cause trouble. Just like in real life, free speech needs to have some boundaries. Otherwise people try to twist things in order to force their own agenda. I think you need to find a new angle.

I've made a rule for myself. Not to respond to obviously inflammatory posts. But I felt this point needed to be made.

quite the point, sluggo, and thank you for making it for me... as far as free speech in life and boundaries -- what boundaries? I understand your limitations here, since people aren't bright enough to NOT read this forum at work, so we have to protect them from themselves (just like the rants over on the Samba or ANY chat session) in order to continue...

playing to the lowest common denominator allows the LCD to control the situation -- always has and always will...

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:57 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:
hambone wrote:Hatred? Aren't all Americans entitled to speak from their hearts? Required to?
It's the very foundation of what makes us a great land.
Then why doesn't Amskeptic think it's a "great" land? :-k
This is another example of the effects of the propaganda machine. If you don't like what is going on in this country you must hate it... Seriously R.B.P you are much smarter than that, at least you would appear to be....

For thousands of years the leaders of countries have played the religion card, please don't say you are happy that our people in office orchestrated 9/11 killing 3000 people to then lie to us to lunch a war and you are happy because you think we need to get rid of the religous nuts!!!!
The only thing religous about this war is that the powers to be are using religeon to gain support from the more easily decieved.
And like I said before, the only religous nuts i fear are the right wing Christians who are so easily decieved,,,,vote for me, I hate gays and abortion and love to kill others..., duh.... Didn't Jesus say if your enemy hits you on the right cheek turn and give him the left, or did he say to blow your enemy up and everyone around him before he hits you?
I have to agree with you Steve. Its the right wing bible thumpers that we need to fear. Instead of practicing love for all and benevolence, Like Jesus (WWJD?) they are totalitarian and oppresive. It seems to be "thier" way or no way. It disturbs me that they have infiltrated our political system so much. Just take a fine look at out commander in cheif.....
:king:

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:58 pm

steve74baywin wrote:I hate gays and abortion and love to kill others..., duh.... Didn't Jesus say if your enemy hits you on the right cheek turn and give him the left, or did he say to blow your enemy up and everyone around him before he hits you?
Thanks for the defenition of a suicide bomber. =D>

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:03 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:I hate gays and abortion and love to kill others..., duh.... Didn't Jesus say if your enemy hits you on the right cheek turn and give him the left, or did he say to blow your enemy up and everyone around him before he hits you?
Thanks for the defenition of a suicide bomber. =D>
Exactly! Good Old "Dubyah" is a suicide bomber. Only problem is, its the common mans guts, and Dubyahs glory.
:king: