Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Happy New Year!

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 am

... here in Free Speech.

If I had known to what depths this country would fall since the last time I was here in Free Speech, I might have chimed in more frequently. But no. It was like tripping down the stairs, where you have to gallop *down* faster than gravity to maintain any hope of staying upright.

I thought Election Day would give me a breather, but no. The Senate has been in a holding pattern as we awaited the results of the Georgia run-off, and that put the results of the entire election on hold. I had imaginings that Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell would strangle the kitten called Hope once more.

But today, that little kitten scampered out of Georgia's run-off, and I could not be more proud of the people of Georgia. Mitch McConnell, that most undemocratic psychopathic power hungry dead soul, looks to be relegated to the minority. I breathe hope.

However, this is no time to mince words. I have been here in my profession. I have had to look at customers in the eye and say, "your engine is shot." I have had to see the despair, the marital stress, the dashed hopes of the kids for a summer trip, but I say what needs to be said to get the healing journey started.

The Republican Party is dead to me. The bloated blustering failed real estate developer who got to play "president" and "leader of the party" for a season is out and staring at a bleak future of litigation and criminal inquiries and he *will* fade into his own hell of irrelevance in due time.

We have a Sedition Caucus — or the “Dirty Dozen” if you prefer.
TODAY, January 6th, 2021, they are planning on impugning and overturning the results of the duly executed presidential election AGAIN after it has been certified, after challenges have been adjudicated (60 times!) as being without evidence, these members of the Sedition Caucus are still at it .. . even after a most tawdry phone call from don Don Trump to Ben Raffensperger to "find votes".
Take names.

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.),
RepublicanJosh Hawley (Mo.),
RepublicanMarsha Blackburn (Tenn.),
RepublicanRon Johnson (Wis.),
RepublicanJames Lankford (Okla.),
RepublicanCynthia M. Lummis (Wyo.),
RepublicanTommy Tuberville (Ala.),
RepublicanSteve Daines (Mont.)
RepublicanJohn Neely Kennedy (La.),
RepublicanBill Hagerty (Tenn.),
RepublicanMike Braun (Ind.)
RepublicanRoger Marshall (Kan.)
RepublicanSen. Kelly Loeffler (Ga.) now out on her dumb ass.

They do not deserve to be in Congress. They must be removed at the earliest opportunity.

Thank-you, people of Georgia, thank-you, Rafael Warnock and Jon Ossoff, thank-you Stacey Abrams.
Stacey Abrams, it can be argued, was cheated of the governorship by the then secretary of state Brian Kemp who disqualified ballots from the urban areas of Georgia WHILE HE WAS RUNNING AGAINST ABRAMS!

She did not whine and pout and clog the courts and the airwaves with nonsensical lies. Nooooooooo. Stacey Abrams launched the most effective Get Out The Vote campaign that Georgia has witnessed. She made hay of the conventional assumptions. She obliterated that old passive saw, "Georgia is blue if they would let us vote."
That was beautiful, Stacey.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:08 pm

In this very moment I am witnessing a bunch of punks breaking windows and climbing into the Capitol building, there is a MAGA hatted guy sitting in Nancy Pelosi's chair in her office! This is insurrection, it is not "protest". It is insurrection, and Donald Trump called for it with his invitation for people to gather in Washington today for a "wild time".

And let us also name the following:
Republican President Donald Trump
Republican Attorney General Bill Barr
Republican Counsel Rudy Giuliani
Republican Senator Lindsay Graham (NC)
for the very heights of mendaciousness, self-regard, and grift, they have damaged the fabric of our social contract called the United States of America.
You want to enjoy the rights accorded you in this country? Then also you must meet the obligations required of you in this country. Be well-informed, engage in civil discourse based on facts and rationality, and respect the outcomes of elections!
Colin

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:50 pm

I agree with you on most of the high points of your last two posts, Colin. I can only add that I don't see any hope for political repercussions for any of these slimeballs.

What do I wish for 2021? I wish that publishers and editors of newspapers and other media would finally start growing spines and call these slimeballs out in print as the traitors they are, and the churches should call them out for the un-Christian Christians that they are. I know it's a long shot to try to publicly shame people who are shameless, but it's certainly worth a try.

The Republican Party is dead to me now, too. Ever since the Reagan era, it has been on the wrong side of history, of economic parity, of the struggle for civil liberties, and for the empowerment of the voting public. There have been a few Republicans who have done some good, but not only are they outnumbered by those that haven't, but these few Republicans are vilified by the more right-wing members of their own party, up to and including -- especially including -- their own President. It stinks from pie-hole to asshole. And the young people will sweep it out of power and into the dustbin of history where it belongs.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:24 pm

JLT wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:50 pm

What do I wish for 2021? I wish that publishers and editors of newspapers and other media would finally start growing spines and call these slimeballs out in print as the traitors they are, and the churches should call them out for the un-Christian Christians that they are. I know it's a long shot to try to publicly shame people who are shameless, but it's certainly worth a try.
Let's get on it!

I have been writing my Senators Gillibrand and Schumer, and I have been going haywire on various blogs. Our self-respect as a Nation depends on squashing these cockroaches with facts, logic, rationality, love of country, and references to history that remembers their likes back in the days of the McCarthy Era and other shameful moments in our history ... today, our president needs to be removed from office, NOW.
Colin