Go Trump!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Go Trump!

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:09 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:IMHO - saying we need term limits is adjudicating our responsibility to vote for the best candidate. I don't want some arbitrary law eliminating someone who could be a really good choice for me.

Now, if you are implying that the current process wherein the political parties create their voting districts, so that each party has a 'lock' on its own self created little fiefdom.....that is an argument I can get behind.
Campaign Finance Reform!

Then the only long-term politicians left would be those who are devoted public servants.

I still think Donald Trump and Bill Clinton had a bar bet:
"Bet you I can wreck the Republican Party."
"I don't think so, Donald, look how I tried."
"Betcha I can . . . "
"OK. You're on."

Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

djmiller
I'm New!

Post by djmiller » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:58 pm

I think the bet went more like this.
Bar chatter
Bill "What do you think we have to do to get Hillary elected"?
Trump "Maybe if we wrecked the Republican Party"
Bill " I don't think you can Donald, I tried"
Trump "Bet you I can"

Just a little twist on yours!

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Campaign finance reform and gerrymandering voting districts are two different arguments. However, they do have one thing in common; those in office trying to bend the rules to stay in office.

I think gerrymandering has a much more significant impact than does finance reform....do you know that Detroit and Pontiac (both impoverished urban areas) are in the same voting district? Yup. Big fat blob in Detroit, a real skinny line up to Pontiac, then another big fat blob. that was to keep all of the conservative areas between the two cities republican.

Voting districts should be set by either bipartisan, or nonpartisan (is there a difference?) committees...not by who is currently in office.

your turn...go..
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:57 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: I think gerrymandering has a much more significant impact than does finance reform....
Why *would* you gerrymander such insane-looking districts that defy all logic and rationale as far as representation? Because you are feverishly trying to defend your lock on the gravy train?

Troll, you are right, they are both critical aspects to saving our "representative democracy". The money game I think is a part of why those district drawing committees can make such aberrant, odd, tortured, hideously disfigured, meandering, distorted districts with a straight face.

No contributions to representatives, period. Public financing of campaigns, period. Census-dictated districts drawn up by retired judges.
Why not? Becausebecausebecausebecause . . .
Colin :blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:37 pm

asiab3 wrote:
MonoCone wrote: With a 4-party race you could end up with no one getting a majority and then the election would go to the House. The Republican controlled house. Then what....Nutty Donald? Teddy Cruz? Could be anyone.
I think for a broken system to get fixed, those in charge must realize and admit that the system is broken. Perhaps this could be a way for that to happen?

Robbie
Won't work or happen as long as those in office continue to be allowed to serve in office. Voting for Hillary or Barnie (cause that's his name) effectively continues the same inept corrupt cycle. Both of them have been a part of that cycle for several decades now. Remember the old saying? "If your not part of a solution than you are part of the problem."

Trump on the other hand has no hand in how Washington has been played and plagued by corruption and inept mishandlings time & time again. It's why the answer is easy for me. Trump gets a shot.

Anyone currently serving in Washington cannot say they are not part of the problem when America has continually stated time & time again that they are failing at their jobs miserably. Voter approval ratings of Congress prove this which have averaged for quite sometime now 11-15% disapproval.

They are scared of trump because he's got money and can't be bought plain & simple. He's also sick and tired of how damn PC this country has become as are most Americans. Progressive liberalism is the true enemy.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
MonoCone wrote: With a 4-party race you could end up with no one getting a majority and then the election would go to the House. The Republican controlled house. Then what....Nutty Donald? Teddy Cruz? Could be anyone.
I think for a broken system to get fixed, those in charge must realize and admit that the system is broken. Perhaps this could be a way for that to happen?

Robbie
That's the problem Robbie. The system is benefiting THEM. They and their rich buddies with their special interests who fund their election campaigns believe things are just fine the way they are. Look at how wide the gap continues to grow between the rich and poor and the diminishing middle class, especially over the past 30-40 years. Look at the national deficit size and how far it's gotten out of control with no end in sight to its continuing growth.

There's a reason that Bernie and Trump have been the darlings this election season. They were/are viewed as outside of the NORM for Washington and it's same ole, same ole bullshit. Sadly, I just don't see things changing anytime soon. These douche bags get elected to Washington with promises of "change" and fall right in line with the career idiots who've done nothing but screw up this country.

Something drastic is going to have to happen for any real change to take place in Washington. Term limits for congress and the senate are something that has to take place. I'm watching John McCain reelection commercials here in Arizona. I want to throw up in my mouth. We really need to re-elect this man who's been in office for 29 years.. 29 years.. Fuck, he's 79 years old as well and certainly doesn't want to let go of the power and limelite.

I was hoping the animosity Americans have for these career politicians would translate into a movement to start funding an effort to get these career politicians defeated the next time they run for re-election.

Until we flush all the career politicians out of Washington and change the process in how they get elected, I don't see any changes taking place anytime soon.
Indeed. It's what I've stated all along. It's why they are scared of Trump. He can't be bought and with him the salad gets tossed big time. Voting for Hillary or Barnie effectively changes nothing. Business as usual in DC.

Want a shot at change? Vote Trump.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:57 am

I hang up on a Trump robo-call every other day. One of the joys of still keeping a land line. I'll be voting against him, but sorely wish I could be doing it with a vote for Bernie.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 am

72Hardtop wrote:[Trump is] also sick and tired of how damn PC this country has become as are most Americans. Progressive liberalism is the true enemy.
I'd like to know why you think that. I don't have a problem with people trying to be nice to each other, and I certainly don't have a problem trying to help others less-fortunate than myself, but I'm curious why some people think that is causing some kind of imaginary downfall of our country.

If most Americans were tired of something, than the country wouldn't still be moving towards it, no?

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:53 am

ruckman101 wrote:I hang up on a Trump robo-call every other day. One of the joys of still keeping a land line. I'll be voting against him, but sorely wish I could be doing it with a vote for Bernie.

neal

Actually that isn't quite right. If Bernie were nominated, I wouldn't be voting against Trump, I would be voting for Bernie. I've seen some here say a Bernie presidency would be "more of the same", and I can't agree with that. From the start, Bernie had no other goal than to initiate discussion in a broader public realm of his advocacies. He succeeded there a thousand fold. He also is a realist, and repeatedly told those attending his rallies not a single one of his proposals would see the light of day even if he were elected president without the support of citizens. The machine in place resists change away from the current. Trump would face the same machine, but has no integrity and would fold like the cheap suit he is.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.