Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Post Reply
Jivermo
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by Jivermo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Don't click on any links, folks. My son's computer was hijacked last week-for ransom. There a lot of assholes out there.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:58 am

Jivermo wrote:Don't click on any links, folks. My son's computer was hijacked last week-for ransom. There a lot of assholes out there.
Never have, never will, click on any unsolicited links.

We have ever-new creative assaults against the integrity of the board, it ain't just kitchen furniture from the U.K. people. Porn links are extra-ridiculous. Seven billion of us, all built essentially the same, after how many hundreds of views/images/experiences would someone need to open a link promising more of the same??
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

Lanval
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by Lanval » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Jivermo wrote:Don't click on any links, folks. My son's computer was hijacked last week-for ransom. There a lot of assholes out there.
Never have, never will, click on any unsolicited links.

We have ever-new creative assaults against the integrity of the board, it ain't just kitchen furniture from the U.K. people. Porn links are extra-ridiculous. Seven billion of us, all built essentially the same, after how many hundreds of views/images/experiences would someone need to open a link promising more of the same??
Colin
As I said to a girlfriend, lo these many years ago, when asked why guys are always checking out other girls...

"well, when you've seen one boob, you've seen one boob. Gotta see 'em all!"

I don't remember if she thought it was funny or not, but I stand by what I said. Off to click some links!

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 am

Lanval wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Jivermo wrote:Don't click on any links, folks. My son's computer was hijacked last week-for ransom. There a lot of assholes out there.
Never have, never will, click on any unsolicited links.

We have ever-new creative assaults against the integrity of the board, it ain't just kitchen furniture from the U.K. people. Porn links are extra-ridiculous. Seven billion of us, all built essentially the same, after how many hundreds of views/images/experiences would someone need to open a link promising more of the same??
Colin
As I said to a girlfriend, lo these many years ago, when asked why guys are always checking out other girls...

"well, when you've seen one boob, you've seen one boob. Gotta see 'em all!"

I don't remember if she thought it was funny or not, but I stand by what I said. Off to click some links!
Ah, once again, I have been drawn up short by those devoted to the Restless Search For Perfection.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

72Hardtop
Old School!
Location: Seattle, WA./HB. Ca./Shizuoka, Japan
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by 72Hardtop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:10 pm

This is why one needs to use...

1. Firefox
2. Ad Block Plus (add-on)
3. No script (add-on)
1972 Westy
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 200 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Bosch SVDA w/Pertronix module & flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK B5ES @ .028
002 Trans
Hankook 185R14's

User avatar
asiab3
IAC Addict!
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by asiab3 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:51 pm

What is "No script"?

I have been bummed out by YouTube's recent defeat of AdBlock; it was my secret weapon for years…


Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
100k miles with me.
279k miles on Earth.

72Hardtop
Old School!
Location: Seattle, WA./HB. Ca./Shizuoka, Japan
Status: Offline

Re: Lots of hacking in Forums today...

Post by 72Hardtop » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:18 pm

asiab3 wrote:What is "No script"?

I have been bummed out by YouTube's recent defeat of AdBlock; it was my secret weapon for years…


Robbie
Within Firefox look for the add on 'No Script' it will effectively lock down all scripts allowing you to decide what you wish to run.

https://noscript.net/
1972 Westy
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 200 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Bosch SVDA w/Pertronix module & flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK B5ES @ .028
002 Trans
Hankook 185R14's

Post Reply