Earn it...

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Earn it...

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:55 am

72Hardtop wrote: Hillary would make a better lawyer due to her ability at being less than honest when confronted with tough questions.
Seen Scott Walker answer tough questions lately?
Seen Chris Christie answer tough questions?
Marco Rubio, try to answer questions about "escaping" Cuba before he was born?
Ted Cruz, try to explain why he is not Canadian but Obama is Kenyan?
Rand Paul, ever seen him answer a question about his dad's magazine?

Hillary snapped "what difference does it make?" when people tried to parse terrorist vs surprise attack in Benghazi. As a Human Being, I understood exactly what she was so exasperated about. Chris Stevens was her friend. I give her points for being human.

I can catch you in any number of lies. Yes, I can. Give me twenty years of hounding your every statement and I will catch you changing your mind, explaining things differently, screwing up on dates and god forbid if I should pore over your credit cards and emails and phone records and find out that you have been seeing that hot little Asian thang on the side, man, then you will be both lying and flustered and belligerent, and if you then exploded, "my personal life is MINE!" guess what? I would agree with you.

I am not so worried about Hillary's truthfulness when I trust her character. I trust her character over any of the republicans easily. I think she understands things on a level much like Obama, she understands prejudice, she understands judgmentalism, she understands bias, marginalization, disenfranchisement, etc, on a level that no republican candidate can possibly articulate in today's plasticky world of republican political candidate doll. She does have to amass money, lots of it, to play "campaign". That is a sickness we all are suffering currently.
72Hardtop wrote: Her qualifications are lacking for a seat as president...seriously lacking. Unless of course you wish to continue on with the current beat of the drum politics in Washington? Voting her in is an absolute guarantee nothing will change.Is she supportive of term limits? No special interest money? No. Time for real change folks.
The president is not the cause of the ills in Washington. Like I said, it is touchingly childish in a grotesque sort of way that people *blame* Obama for the devisiveness in Washington. The president can try and try to change things, but when the leaders of the other branch say "let's say 'no' to everything this president proposes" or "let's make sure that this is a one-term president", then the problem is in other branch.

And that is the truth. Our Congress is pathetic.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 pm

"The Same Party That Lied Us Into The Iraq War Is Calling Hillary Clinton Untrustworthy". That is the biggest joke so far about the GOP and their candidates...plus they never answer hard questions and walk off!
Foreign Policy? Go to War is their policy
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Bleyseng wrote:"The Same Party That Lied Us Into The Iraq War Is Calling Hillary Clinton Untrustworthy". That is the biggest joke so far about the GOP and their candidates...plus they never answer hard questions and walk off!
Foreign Policy? Go to War is their policy

Yet her and most other politicians voted for the war from the get go. Lest we forget the countless Americans standing on street coroners across the nation (I do) not long after (9/11) supporting the (Let's go get em!) war on terror.

If it hadn't of been for tough decisions to be be made and followed thru we'd all be speaking either German or Japanese now.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:05 am

GW Bush's 2 wars can't be put in the same category as WW2!
When did Iraq attack us? We went to war to liberate Kuwait but stopped there.
The second Iraq war was just to get the oil fields after lots of lying on Bush/Cheney part.
Geoff

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:10 am

Again... it has nothing to do with oil. The US has no vested interest in oil from Iraq. The type of oil yielded is of no use for us. Saddam was a brutal dictator who's time had come...
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 am

72Hardtop wrote:Again... it has nothing to do with oil. The US has no vested interest in oil from Iraq. The type of oil yielded is of no use for us. Saddam was a brutal dictator who's time had come...
Wow, that's not what everyone media outlet is now reporting...

Let's elect another Bush......

"While Jeb Bush was governor of Florida, state pension officials committed at least $1.7 billion to financial firms whose executives were “Pioneer” fundraisers for his brother’s presidential campaigns. To achieve Pioneer status, the fundraisers had to amass at least $100,000 worth of bundled contributions to one of George W. Bush’s campaigns."

Stealing pension money seems to be the way the GOP keeps funneling money to it's campaigns.
Geoff

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Bleyseng wrote:
72Hardtop wrote:Again... it has nothing to do with oil. The US has no vested interest in oil from Iraq. The type of oil yielded is of no use for us. Saddam was a brutal dictator who's time had come...
Wow, that's not what everyone media outlet is now reporting...

Let's elect another Bush......

"While Jeb Bush was governor of Florida, state pension officials committed at least $1.7 billion to financial firms whose executives were “Pioneer” fundraisers for his brother’s presidential campaigns. To achieve Pioneer status, the fundraisers had to amass at least $100,000 worth of bundled contributions to one of George W. Bush’s campaigns."

Stealing pension money seems to be the way the GOP keeps funneling money to it's campaigns.
I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. Both have there up & downs. They both have also had their chance...and have blown repeatedly for quite a few years now. Time for something new. The Democrats have been trying for years to rob pension funds in California.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Where is someone new?????

The Nader joke robbed off enough votes off Gore so we ended up with GWBush so no thank you I'll take Hillary Clinton over that crap again. The GOP would love to pull that off again by splitting the Dem vote into little pieces with a bunch of "New" candidates with "New" ideas vs someone who actually has tons of experience in politics. That was one of my red flags on Obama and he did piss away the first couple of years trying to please everybody.
Geoff

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 pm

72Hardtop wrote: Yet her and most other politicians voted for the war from the get go. Lest we forget the countless Americans standing on street corners across the nation (I do) not long after (9/11) supporting the (Let's go get em!) war on terror.

If it hadn't of been for tough decisions to be be made and followed thru we'd all be speaking either German or Japanese now.
Yeah, she did, didn't she? She voted along with George Bush and Dick Cheney and the republicans. Are you going to hold it against her that she showed at least the ability for solidarity with the other side?

Then she changed her mind, in public, because her convictions changed and she evolved. How the hell you like that? Another Human Being moment.

It is amazing that people try to prognosticate backwards as though they have some rear view mirror crystal ball. You know what? If it hadn't have been for my mother, I wouldn't be here.

So anyway, there is NO way the Germans could have won no matter how you parse the tough decisions and who made them. Same with the Japanese . . . Their people were spiritually wounded by their very own ideology. People would not follow that. They didn't. We offered promise. People did follow it. Now we try to beat them back with fences . . .
Colin

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:08 pm

BTW There is no way the Germans would have won after they attacked the Russians. The Russians lost 12 million men and they still had way more men to throw against the Germans. Sometimes superior numbers do mean something about the outcome.
Geoff

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Bleyseng wrote:BTW There is no way the Germans would have won after they attacked the Russians. The Russians lost 12 million men and they still had way more men to throw against the Germans. Sometimes superior numbers do mean something about the outcome.

Who knows...your not taking into account that the US was already long involved in the war at that point and had Germany on several fronts at that.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:15 am

I am just going by today's experts as I have been reading about WW2 a lot lately. The Russia had double the men Germany had plus as Germany overextended it's self controlling territory it became weaker and weaker holding said territory as the locals didn't like the Germans. So the more Russia retreated the more Germany was weakened. Russian also had vast resources of raw materials, i.e. oil, iron etc to draw on while Germany didn't. Germany was even going to attack tiny Suriname just for it's bauxite for Aluminum.
Geoff

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Bleyseng wrote:I am just going by today's experts as I have been reading about WW2 a lot lately. The Russia had double the men Germany had plus as Germany overextended it's self controlling territory it became weaker and weaker holding said territory as the locals didn't like the Germans. So the more Russia retreated the more Germany was weakened. Russian also had vast resources of raw materials, i.e. oil, iron etc to draw on while Germany didn't. Germany was even going to attack tiny Suriname just for it's bauxite for Aluminum.
Many WWII historians state the Germany lost the war when they attacked Russia. They were vastly over-extended w/too many fronts to manage. They simply couldn't keep up with the supply demands of so many armies spread across their fronts. The Germans were not able to re-supply Rommels troops in Africa lead to his defeat and then their retreat from that continent. The Americans and British were shooting down the German's supply planes in their futile attempts at resupply thru the air. The American and British navy were blowing their supply ships out of the water as well.

In Russia, the Germans flat out advanced east past their ability to resupply their troops in the summer of 1942. One thing most people don't remember is that the Russians rail system was a different gauge than the Germans. This caused massive havoic in their resupply effort. They tried to use the Russian trains and even tried to alter their trains and cars to work on the Russian tracks. Many believe Hitler gambled and felt his troops could race across Russia, capture Moscow and the Russians would surrender. When this failed, Hitler and his generals were not prepared for the brutal Russian winters. Their troops where not equipped with the appropriate uniforms to cope with those brutal temperatures nor was their equipment that in many cases, froze up.

Another key factor in the Germans loss was them not having a capable 4 engine bomber with the range to attack the Russian industry that was moved to the far East of the Russian territory, out of range of the 2 engine German bombers. This failure allowed the Russians to survive long enough to rebuild their factories (along with the Americans helping immediately with lend-lease). Think about all the artillery and T-34 tanks the Russians put on the battle field. If the Germans could of bombed those plants and supplied their troops, it could of been a different playing field.

By 1943, the Americans were in the game full force. America had it's immense war industry hitting on 8 cylinders and the outcome of the war against the Germans and Japanese was all but over.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:53 pm

wcfvw69 wrote: By 1943, the Americans were in the game full force. America had it's immense war industry hitting on 8 cylinders and the outcome of the war against the Germans and Japanese was all but over.
. . . and that is the key to any lasting victory. We did have truth on our side.

. . . we did not have truth on our side in Vietnam, or Iraq, and that is what pisses me off the very deepest about the damage to our young soldiers, to our treasury, to our good name, to this very moment.
Colin

(p.s. thank God the gunner missed the power plant at the Wolfsburg plant, huh? He was pissed, was it an itchy nose? but he missed and it gave us Volkswagens by the millions)

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote: By 1943, the Americans were in the game full force. America had it's immense war industry hitting on 8 cylinders and the outcome of the war against the Germans and Japanese was all but over.
. . . and that is the key to any lasting victory. We did have truth on our side.

. . . we did not have truth on our side in Vietnam, or Iraq, and that is what pisses me off the very deepest about the damage to our young soldiers, to our treasury, to our good name, to this very moment.
Colin
I agree. Our reasoning to be involved in Vietnam was flawed to say the least. After France had their asses handed to them by Hanoi, you'd of thought we'd of taken note. Instead, our arrogant American military thought we'd simply bomb them back to the stone ages. The problem was, they were already living in the stone ages like in Afghanistan. Couple this with the horrific Johnson administration oversite of the war to include not bombing the harbor where the Russians were off loading the armaments to be used against us. God forbide we upset the Russians.
I'd read many places where we were only involved in that war due to a slumping economy vs. stopping the progression of communism. Everyone knows wars are good for an economy.

Steve Ambrose wrote a book about Eisenhower called the Supreme Commander. It's a tedious read. It followed Eisenhowers progression thru WWII. In it, it talks in length about the middle east politics back in the early 40's. It was quite shocking in reading it and realizing nothings changed in that region in the 75 years since. Yes, they are no longer colonies of countries but the politics and how those folks view and run things will never change.

Our big mistake in Iraq was made by the first Bush. He should of gotten Sudam back in 1990. We had all the assets there and the region wasn't as f-up as it is now. I think the second Bush cleaned up his Daddy's mistake for him. I do believe we needed to remove Sudam from power. I don't believe we needed to get bogged down in that mess for as long as we did, costing so many American lives and wasting sooo much tax payer dollars. There is an Irony that we attacked Iraq with our economy is a deep recession post 911. Coincidence?
Amskeptic wrote:p.s. thank God the gunner missed the power plant at the Wolfsburg plant, huh? He was pissed, was it an itchy nose? but he missed and it gave us Volkswagens by the millions)
Thank the Norten bomb site for it's not as advertised accuracy. :) Imagine if we bombed that plant with today's bombs and missiles? YIKES!
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.