No worries boys, we got your back.

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

pj
Addicted!

No worries boys, we got your back.

Post by pj » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah, just what some guy wants to do. Go over to Iraq, 110 degrees today, bust his ass trying to put back together an incredibly shitty situation and Uncle Sam says no to $225.00/month in combat pay. The arm chair generals at the Pentagon and Mr. Obama says they won't be participating in any combat.

Don't know how they came to that conclusion I only made it to First Sergeant in the Army and from what I see on the television it certainly does not resemble a Boy Scout Jamboree on the outskirts of Baghdad.

At least they know in the bottom of their hearts that if something goes bad and they need continuing health care for their wounds they can trust the VA to do the right thing by them.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014 ... 843&rank=6

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: No worries boys, we got your back.

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:31 am

pj wrote:Yeah, just what some guy wants to do. Go over to Iraq, 110 degrees today, bust his ass trying to put back together an incredibly shitty situation and Uncle Sam says no to $225.00/month in combat pay. The arm chair generals at the Pentagon and Mr. Obama says they won't be participating in any combat.

Don't know how they came to that conclusion I only made it to First Sergeant in the Army and from what I see on the television it certainly does not resemble a Boy Scout Jamboree on the outskirts of Baghdad.

At least they know in the bottom of their hearts that if something goes bad and they need continuing health care for their wounds they can trust the VA to do the right thing by them.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014 ... 843&rank=6
It is a difficult situation with many opinions as to what to do. We do not want to see Iraq go backwards from whatever gains occurred as a result of that disastrous war, but we do not want to get re-emmeshed.
This makes it exceptionally difficult to make decisions when there is so much backbench sniping. If you look at John McCain and Lindsay Graham's public statements about Obama's current efforts, their own flip-flopping has been evident. Now add Dick Cheney's latest back-biting, and even Fox news had to dress him down for his breath-taking arrogance and hypocrisy.

Iraq was built by "colonial meddling'. It is still rife with ancient power struggles. We seem not have learned our lesson. All of us. Executive/Legislative Democrat/Republican. The VA "scandal" has honestly been with us for far longer than Obama's presidency. You know that. It was under Bush, for example, that we did not adequately protect our soldiers, to wit: Donald Rumsfeld "you don't get the army you want, you get the army you need" regarding defective Kevlar and inadequate Humvees and widows of soldiers being required to return signing bonuses. Let's keep our eyes open to reality rather than political score cards.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: No worries boys, we got your back.

Post by hambone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:15 pm

How many homeless Vietnam Veterans? Do we dig up Nixon and shit on his bones? Maybe.
"Whaa officer I'm just shitting on ol' Dick....." mebbe get a medal.

Too much "your side is poopy MINE is the goodie one" ridiculous. Life is full of dreams and dreams getting dashed, lovely daisies and rot. Politix is like .0001% important in the light of this much bigger picture.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat