Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obama?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obam

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 am

I've only missed one or two elections in my life. I don't look at it as "encouraging those bastards", but rather, "Those bastards aren't going to discourage me." Besides, voting gives you license to complain and express an opinion. Didn't vote? Shut the hell up then, you obviously don't care.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 am

Great post Dick, thanks! I love politics and watch all I can stand. I will once again vote for Obama, I think he has done a fine job and needs the time to continue. Florida ???? that state can't be trusted.

edit to ad--- =D> neal
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 am

My comment about not wanting to “encourage the bastards” was me trying to be dramatic. I just don’t know how I’m going to vote in this election; at this point I can’t see myself voting for Romney. Listening to Mit and I feel like he’s trying to sell me on something. I don’t like position on Iran either. Obama seems ok, but the way that he talks is like listening to a Jr. Baptist minister. He’s kinda preachy, and I don’t know, but it comes across to me as being too polished. Moreover, I don’t think that I like his policies very much either. His policy is the same as Romney’s (and everyone else) on Iran as well right?

I think that any candidate that is willing to keep up these wars, build new bases, and fear-monger is a non-starter for me. When will we have peace again? I’m voting for peace and if I can’t find that candidate then what am I to do?
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 am

ruckman101 wrote:I've only missed one or two elections in my life. I don't look at it as "encouraging those bastards", but rather, "Those bastards aren't going to discourage me." Besides, voting gives you license to complain and express an opinion. Didn't vote? Shut the hell up then, you obviously don't care.

neal
Gulp. I just consciously skipped my first vote since I was old enough to vote. It was a local sewer bond issue and even it's discussion was plagued with excessive noise. I'm exhausted by it all. OK fine I'll just shut the hell up. Maybe I'm too tired to care.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 am

It's like that Rush song, "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". If I choose not to vote, it won't be because I don't care, it would be because I do care.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

Post by denjohn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:48 am

Do what you think best, Chris.
People have died for your right not to vote.
Peace
'71 bus, stock running gear ex SVDA and pertronix

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

Post by denjohn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 am

Obama was elected by the people as a reformer, but he has failed to deliver and often spectacularly so, probably due to a weakness in his character and circumstance, and a preference to facilitate rather than to lead. And that is a tragedy, because it still leaves the nation desperately in need of reform and renewal that will almost certainly not be coming from the Republican party of Big Money and unwavering devotion to the hypocrisy of special privilege.

The Banks must be restrained, and the financial system reformed, with balance restored to the economy, before there can be any sustained growth and recovery.

If the suffering becomes great enough, change will inevitably come, but it may not be orderly or as controllable as the monied interests often like to think.
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.co ... f-fed.html
Peace

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

With regard to the OP:

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

Mitt Romney.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm

glasseye wrote:With regard to the OP:

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

Mitt Romney.
"I just lost faith in Joe Hooker."

Mitt Romney, the least common denominator.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:46 am

glasseye wrote:With regard to the OP:

Mitt Romney.
. . . . ! . . . .
“(Obama) wants to hire more government workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It’s time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 am

BellePlaine wrote:It's like that Rush song, "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". If I choose not to vote, it won't be because I don't care, it would be because I do care.
As a foreigner living in the USA, I obviously have never been inside an American pollng booth, so I don't know how realizable the following suggestion is:

Once upon a time, it was possible to spoil one's ballot by any number of means (eg. checking the box for more than one candidate, checking outside the box, not checking any, defacing the ballot). This put your vote into a "junk" pile and was then not counted. But, you had shown up and your name had been ticked off the list, so you were counted as having voted and contributed to fufilling the quorum. In essence, your spoiled ballot was a choice of "none of the above, thank you". If a large proportion of spoiled ballots were to be tendered, that would be a clear indication of public non-confidence in any of the proffered choices.

Of course, electronic voting can take away that option. Which is a real shame...
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 am

Diebold is not dead, just bought up and under a new name and even bigger. That is where the real voter fraud is, enhanced by recent disenfranchisement laws, voter id, purges as in Florida, etc., to make sure first that only the "right" people are elected, and second to make sure only the people who are going to vote "right" are able to vote.

neal

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Diebold is not dead, just bought up and under a new name and even bigger. That is where the real voter fraud is, enhanced by recent disenfranchisement laws, voter id, purges as in Florida, etc., to make sure first that only the "right" people are elected, and second to make sure only the people who are going to vote "right" are able to vote.

neal
Mike Turzai, the Pennsylvania GOP House majority leader suggested that Romney will win the state with new ID law, "Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done," he said to applause at a Republican State Committee this weekend.

Voter fraud is a reliable red herring and it is shameful.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

Post by denjohn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 am

"With regard to any foreign investments, I understand, and you understand of course, that my investments have been held by a blind trust, have been managed by a trustee. I don't manage them. I don't even know where they are."
-- Mitt Romney, campaigning against Barack Obama in 2012

"The blind trust is an age-old ruse."
-- Mitt Romney, campaigning against Ted Kennedy in 1994

Peace

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 am

I guess they picked their boys. Is there a storm coming in?

neal