9/11 conspiracy theories, Do they hold any water?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories, Do they hold any water?

Post by glasseye » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm

RSorak 71Westy wrote:By not accepting the official explanation this implies you think that there was some kind of conspiracy.
Not true. "Not accepting the official explanation" means not accepting the official explanation.
To think there was some kind of conspiracy means that something would have to been done to the buildings in advance to help them fall. This would involve many people and according my knowledge of human nature it's impossible to keep a sensational secret this long.
How many people? You say "many", but how many, really? Do you have any information on "how many"?
Besides how could anyone do something in advance to the buildings and then make the planes crash into those same places? Far to complicated to have happened.
Why would the planes have to crash into a specific location on the building? They'd need to hit the building, yes. But as evidenced by the imagery we saw, the buildings collapsed from above the locations, far away from the impact site.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Here's a letter from UL (who certified the WTC steel) to NIST, who said that the UL-certified steel failed.

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?sto ... 2144051451

"The truth is out there", said the TV series. Only by asking questions can we ascertain the truth. Fingers-in-ears posturing and proclaiming merely displays ignorance and prejudice.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 pm

glasseye wrote:Here's a letter from UL (who certified the WTC steel) to NIST, who said that the UL-certified steel failed.

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?sto ... 2144051451

"The truth is out there", said the TV series. Only by asking questions can we ascertain the truth. Fingers-in-ears posturing and proclaiming merely displays ignorance and prejudice.
Not nearly as much as ignoring obvious evidence to the contrary of your belief. Why do you think the engineers who argued for steel failure are out-and-out liars, while the guys who made the steel, and who clearly have both a financial and psychological statement in proclaiming their steel isn't at fault, are telling the truth.

If you're going to claim that you're being insightful and critical, questioning motives and meanings, you have to do it every time to every source, whether it supports or contravenes your argument. Otherwise, you're just being intellectually dishonest as you pursue your own ends, regardless of fact.

Mike

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:36 am

If there ever was a real good time to say "take ones own advise", or "five fingers pointing back at you", or "pot calling the kettle black", or "it takes one to know one", I think now is the time.
I wonder if some have a mirror in front of them?
I wanted to say that a month ago, but didn't. But it has crossed my mind too many times now.
I sometimes wonder if it isn't a joke, and the joke is on me.
Lanval, all pun intended, but you seem to be great at accusing people of the very thing I think you need to be accused of. This isn't the first time I noticed this, I've avoided saying it at least four times already. I couldn't resist this time, and I hope I don't regret it.
On a good note, for myself anyway, at least I avoided saying it to anyone many times.
Please try to take it as objective advise.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Too bad nobody ever listened to this....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/debun ... ories.html
79 VW Bus

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:24 pm

I have a statement/question for this thread,

In relation to the pancake theory of the collapse.

On a typical workday 25,000 people worked in a tower
That's alot of weight
Much much more than the weight of a fully loaded airplane.

Considering most high rise buildings built since the 60's are of this type of construction it must be considered fairly robust.

Another point I'd like to make.
The elevator shafts would only "work" as a blow torch if they were not plugged with an elevator.

Another point that I've learned in logical discussion, if you keep the other side arguing they can't focus on logic.

I feel the reason this subject has been off limits is because if the truth comes out too fast, it could start a real on the streets rebellion.

Hi, to the folks that understand my viewpoints, sorry to those who don't .
PS I have never been or am a troll.
Aloha

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Not that all of this stuff is true, but there is certainly a rising tide of productions by a variety of media sources available for those not afraid to ask difficult questions.

http://documentaryheaven.com/category/911/

fred
I'm New!

Post by fred » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 am

watch the latest architects and engineers for 9/11 truth movie explosive evidence, discusss....
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Lanval, anyone interested in this topic, watch this: Please. It's barely 15 minutes long.

http://documentaryheaven.com/architects ... -of-wtc-7/

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:09 pm

glasseye wrote:Lanval, anyone interested in this topic, watch this: Please. It's barely 15 minutes long.

How can anyone deny this????
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm

So what are the theories about who did it and what their motivation would have been? Owner of the bldg wanting to collect insurance money? The Bush Oil Cartel looking for even MORE reason to go to war over their oil profits? What?

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 pm

How about the military-industrial triangle ? 5.5 trillion $. Spent so far on Iraq/Stan

Peacetime aint good for business...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:13 am

How about the group that has funded both sides of most wars since before our revolution?
The International Banking Cartel.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 am

They would have easily accomplished all of those things by allowing the planes to fly into the WTC towers. "Why WTC7?" is what I'm asking.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:10 am

Velokid1 wrote:They would have easily accomplished all of those things by allowing the planes to fly into the WTC towers. "Why WTC7?" is what I'm asking.
Perhaps a third plane was supposed to hit that building, and the explosives were already in place, the building suffered some damage, they already was counting on the insurance and plans to do something different with the land. There is a whole bunch about the changing of the insurance company and security company in the year prior to 911.
Amskeptic wrote:
glasseye wrote:Lanval, anyone interested in this topic, watch this: Please. It's barely 15 minutes long.

How can anyone deny this????
Colin
Most don't watch it.
Those that do, well. I could go on with a long post about conditioning, and how people can be trained to ignore things, etc, etc. But I won't ATT.