Romney Taps Former Bush Officials for Economic Team

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Romney Taps Former Bush Officials for Economic Team

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 am

"U.S. presidential hopeful Mitt Romney named an economic policy team Tuesday led by former top economic aides in Republican President George W. Bush's administration."

Great! let's go back to the stupid economic policies that got us in this mess in the first place. Cut Taxes for the Rich, No oversight on Wall Street, No Regs on Banking, Two Wars etc....
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Re: Romney Taps Former Bush Officials for Economic Team

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am

The truly sad thing is that Obama's advisors come from all the same places.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Velokid1 wrote:The truly sad thing is that Obama's advisors come from all the same places.
Timothy Geithner? Lawrence Summer? So totally part of the problem.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 pm

I'll be lazy and copypaste something I read this morning...
important thing is that the people he's surrounded himself with are not labor people, but stooges from Wall Street. Barack Obama has as his chief of staff a former top-ranking executive from one of the most grossly corrupt mega-companies on earth, JP Morgan Chase. He sees Bill Daley in his own office every day, yet when it comes time to talk abut labor issues, he has to go out and make selected visits twice a year or whatever to the Richard Trumkas of the world.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:56 am

Comments in this thread remind me of the thread "Obama's cabinet" viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6752

Let me copy and paste a few things from it.
TIMOTHY GEITHNER – TREASURY SECRETARY

Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, president and CEO of Federal Reserve Bank of New York, director of policy development for IMF, member Group of Thirty (G30), employed at Kissinger & Associates, architect of the recent 2008 financial bailouts, mentored by Lawrence Summers and Robert Rubin.
LAWRENCE SUMMERS – NATIONAL ECONOMIC COUNCIL

Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, treasury secretary during Clinton administration, chief economist at World Bank, former president of Harvard University, Brookings Institute board member, huge proponent of globalization while working for the IMF, prot�g� of David Rockefeller, mentored by Robert Rubin