economic crash course for american sceptics

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

economic crash course for american sceptics

Post by denjohn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I found it to be plausible, informative, and well done.
A lot of info in a little time.
http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse
Peace
'71 bus, stock running gear ex SVDA and pertronix

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: economic crash course for american sceptics

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:20 pm

denjohn wrote:I found it to be plausible, informative, and well done.
A lot of info in a little time.
http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse
I look forward to wading through it. . . when I have both time and something other than dial-up. Looks good.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

Post by denjohn » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm giving this a bump because I believe that it can help many become more aware of some of our problems related to the economy, energy, and the environment; to better understand them, and therefore arrive at more beneficial solutions.
It may be more meaningful and credible now, to some, as our economy continues to tank.
Peace

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:22 pm

As mentioned in our PM, I made it through the whole thing, and need to go through again just to help it stick.

Good investment in time folks, get to the last one.
Colin

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:11 am

I watched it and would agree with the assessment, scary stuff.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

turk

Post by turk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Extrapolation on a straight linear trajectory often portends disturbing scary futures. That ain't how things actually pan out though. How many times have scientists said this or that resource would be gone, or over-population would cause worldwide famines and these things never occurred?
The problem I have with the current scare-mongers, especially in this administration, is the fear that it spreads through its media tentacles of disinformation to step up its political power. The idea we have "4 years to save the planet". The idea that a green revolution in energy is something that can be done in ten years. That is simply hype. It will not happen. Reasonable technological revolution in society takes place over a few decades at least. Why can't the dialogue be that sensible? Because there is a lot of hype and fear and B.S. being foisted on the public.
Will the U.S. economy collapse? Sure, why wouldn't it? It is a joke. But the country will survive. Some people are prepared. Some aren't. The economy will emerge differently. Some places will survive better than others.

justgimmecoffee
Old School!

Post by justgimmecoffee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:12 am

Cripes, just looking at the index makes me nervous. I'd need a case of prozac and/or Crown Royal to watch the whole story.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to take up professional bowling.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 am

justgimmecoffee wrote:Cripes, just looking at the index makes me nervous. I'd need a case of prozac and/or Crown Royal to watch the whole story.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to take up professional bowling.
I'm drawing little pictures of the good ol' days by the light of the burning civilization. Colin

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 pm

it sounds like everything i've heard peter schiff say, with time spent on populations exploding and resources shrinking. who came first?

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

Post by denjohn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

skin daddio wrote:it sounds like everything i've heard peter schiff say, with time spent on populations exploding and resources shrinking. who came first?
Peter Schiff, Nouriel Roubini, Jim Rogers, Fred Hickey, Howard Kunstler, Chris Martenson and many more all saw it coming. [It's incredible when some high powered idiot says 'no one saw it coming':blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :pukeleft: :pukeright: .:drunken: : :pukeleft: : where's the icon indicating reaching thru the idiotbox screen and throttling an idiot?]

Tho often more investor oriented, their views are very respected and often linked to at CM's site
http://www.chrismartenson.com/

Who came first?....don't know and don't think it matters.........but if points are awarded for credibility; wisdom; compassionate intention; concise, quality presentation covering a broad range of related subjects re how/why the next 20 years, what to watch for, and how to prepare...................Chris wins hands down.
Peace

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:55 pm

here's a nice after thought, choice of words
the nytimes for obama's mouthpiece wrote:While “there are no particular plans at this point for a second stimulus package,” he added, “I wouldn’t foreclose it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/us/po ... -stim.html